Colorado Springs Drunk Driving Information
Stephen S. Anderson, Attorney at Law
Anderson and Carnahan
2 North Cascade Avenue, Suite 730
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Telephone: (719) 473-9099 Fax: 719-473-1099
Appointments to fit your schedule. Weekends and early morning. Calls returned promptly. And a word of warning: you’ll find it beneficial if you talk to me before you talk to your Chain of Command. I will give you very specific advice as to what to say.
Steve Anderson | Joy Carnahan
Who is Steve Anderson?
- He is a member in good standing with the National College of DUI Defense and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- He was the Senior El Paso County Court Trial Deputy and also the Teller County Deputy District Attorney. Which means is very familiar with the strategies and tactics of the prosecution . . . and knows how to counter them.
- He is a former United States Air Force Judge Advocate and Chief of Military Justice at Peterson Air Force Base.
- He is a former United States Army Infantry Instructor.
- He was certified by LAPD to conduct HGN tests. As a result, he knows the weaknesses of these tests, and how to use them to help your case.
- He spends over 20 hours per month researching the latest cases, legal treatises, scientific literature, and articles on the subject of drunk driving defense allowing him to be on the cutting edge of DUI defense at all times.
- He graduated from Southwestern University School of Law in 1984 and was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Law.
- He was admitted to the California Bar the same year. Many attorneys must take the bar exam more than one time to pass. He passed the Colorado Bar on his first attempt in 1988.
- He is admitted to practice before both Colorado and the Federal Courts and is a member of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar.
- He has never been disciplined by the State Bar.
- He is doggedly independent, and believes in challenging everything for his clients’ defense to be successful. He has handled thousands of alcohol offenses in State and Federal Court including Courts Martial.
- As a matter of course, he is ready to fight your case by bombarding the District Attorney with extensive pre-trial motions, demonstrative evidence, photographs, witness testimony, videos, defense experts, essential cross-examination of the prosecution’s witnesses, and, of course, your testimony.
- Clients come from across Colorado and from other states to retain his services. He focuses on cases in Chafee, Custer, El Paso, Fremont, Garfield, Kiowa, Kit Carson, Park, Prowers, Pueblo and Teller counties.
- DUI Help Member